Finding the best toddler apps for iPad free will help your child learn and have fun through a medium they love- the internet.
In the digital world we’re living in, kids naturally fall in love with smart gadgets. And being a digital parent, you should take complete advantage of this love by using the iPad to help your toddler learn and gain fundamental skills.
To get you started, here are the best free apps for 2 year olds:
Toddler Apps for iPad Free to Boost Reading, Mathematics skills & Languages
1. Khan Academy Kids
This is one of the best toddler apps for iPad free with over 100 games and great lessons for toddlers. Your kids will learn basic math skills, reading, writing, and phonics, among other social-emotional development skills.
If your child loves music, there’s a lot to choose from on this free iPad app for toddlers. Depending on your child’s age, you can let them select the lessons or choose the age-appropriate lessons on their behalf.
2. PBS Kids
- Over 200 educational games for kids aged 3+
- Reading games
- Math games
- Tons of art games
- Lots of mazes, dress-up games, coloring games, puzzles, and more
- Science games
- Art activities
Depending on your location, you can choose to play the games in English or Spanish. And for kids that love to try out new things, they can switch between the 2 languages.
3. Fish School
Your little ones will love watching colorful fishes swim around while creating various shapes, letters, plus letters. Even better, the kids will have fun matching fish in different colors and pointing the odd one out.
- Differences: The child will sort out what fish does not belong to the group
- Numbers: learn how to count numbers 1 to 20
- Shapes: as your toddler follows the fish while forming different shapes, they’ll learn about shapes
- Colors: There’s an option of choosing a favorite fish and by doing this, the sea’s color will turn into the color of the fish
- Play: Your child will tap or drag fish and watch them do funny activities
- Matching colors: Your toddler can separate the fish into different colors
- Letters: kids will learn the alphabet as different fish create letters
Best Toddler Apps for iPad Free to Teach Problem-Solving Abilities
4. LEGO DUPLO Train
- Beautiful, funny visuals and animations
- The kids will help the driver in driving the train using 2-way controls
- Easy to connect as the train connects automatically after launching the app
- Does not contain in-app purchases
- No adverts while your toddler is playing the game
- Very adventurous as the kids help the driver to complete various activities
5. Breathe Think Do
- 5 Unique, interactive, challenging activities every day
- Help the huge monster breathe, decide, and solve problems by taping and popping bubbles
- Your toddler will listen to personalized, encouraging words while helping the monster come up with a plan
- Children learn how to take deep breaths to help them calm down
- Also, your child will learn how to pause, think, and come up with solutions for some age-related challenges.
Best Toddler Apps for iPad Free to Encourage Creativity
6. Musical Me!
Do you have a little kid that only wants to have fun? Install Musical Me app on your iPad. With top-quality music and great graphics, your little one will love dancing to simple, beautiful tunes.
And because most of the songs are popular nursery rhymes, you and your toddler will find it easy to sing along.
7. Baby Shark Best Kids Songs
- Let your toddler listen to over 1000 beautiful tunes and stories offline
- Get to choose what songs and topics your kids will watch
- Once you download your favorites, you’ll not require an internet connection to access them
- Your toddler will learn the alphabet, the English language, numbers, and some words
- Easy and safe to use for toddlers
- No ads
- Child-friendly interface
At home or while traveling, your kids will enjoy listening to the best kids’ songs and amazing stories for hours!
8. Learning Game for Toddlers
- 64 toddler activities to help your child develop fine motor skills, visual capabilities, and logical thinking.
- Ideal for all kids, boys or girls
- Teaches about sizes as the kids sorts items based on their size
- To boost eye-hands coordination, the kids can play the puzzle game
- Teach kids about shapes while sorting items depending on their shape
- While playing the logical game, the kids will grow their social perception as they sort out items based on their meaning
- And to boost their memory, your children will try to remember the items shown earlier
Best of all, there are no annoying ads making this one of the best toddler apps for iPads free! Your child will enjoy hours of uninterrupted fun and learning with no unnecessary interruptions.
9. Peekaboo Barn
- The game is available in 10 languages creating room for your child to learn new languages
- Fun, interactive iPad app for babies
- Beautiful animations, themes, and sounds made for toddlers
- Ideal for children aged between 1 and 3 years
- Tons of animal, cars, and instruments to keep your child engaged
- To keep the kids on their toes, the game has 6 different categories: farm, forest, savanna, garage, music scene, and guess the items.
To make learning easier, there’s an English voice to reveal the item displayed. For instance, if a dog barks or a vehicle appears on the screen, the voice will identify the name of the animal or car.
10. ThinkFun Zingo Word Builder
- Excellent reading games to help kids develop reading skills
- Boost your child’s language skills as he works hard to create as many words as possible
- Helps in developing critical thinking
- Available in beginner and advanced levels to cater to children with diverse learning capabilities
To make the game even more fun, you can play Zingo work builder game in twos or more players at a time.
11. Kindergarten Learning Games
- Alphabets Learning: The kids will learn the alphabet in a fun way by viewing animal names and photos on the iPad screen.
- Spelling: They kids will try to say the words that appear on the screen. Depending on the kid’s learning capabilities, he should be able to spell most simple words after viewing them for a few times.
- Tracing: the kids will have time to trace the images that appear on the screen
- Addition and subtraction: kids will have to subtract or add given numbers within a specified time
- Coloring: kids love coloring and this game offers multiple colors and objects to paint.
To get the kids to learn everything age-appropriate in the app, you can allocate enough time for each activity. This way, they’ll not waste all their time coloring and ignore the more challenging spelling, and alphabet learning activities.
There you have it! 10+ best iPad apps for toddlers on airplane. If you have another selection of best free apps for 3 year olds, please share with us in the comments section.